MY STYLE!!!

I absolutely love clothes, shoes, bags and accessories! I bet you're thinking, duh...which girl doesn't?! Fair enough! There's a world of difference between the ability to buy these items and actually being able to put them together! That's where my blog comes in, I love to put these items together, using colours, textures and patterns to create masterpieces. I do not believe that the cost of an item determines the success of it's appearance. My opinion is that it REALLY is the WAY in which you put it together, so check out how I do it, there's no harm in looking...whatever your opinion I'll be thoroughly enjoying myself putting each piece together.

Love and Light...

AfricasHeiress

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

DARK STRIPES.

I had a meeting today, semi-casual dress in a formal setting.  So a half and half situation.  This is what I came up with.


1. LONG STRIPED DRESS
I purchased this from Forever21 as part of their Heritage 1981 collection.


2. THE LITTLE BLACK SWEATER
5.7.9 purchase, works really well with a variety of belts.


3. THICK STRETCH BELT WITH MIDDLE DETAIL

Another Forever21 purchase, a great resource for all kinds of accessories.

4. BLACK STOCKINGS

Needless to say this item of clothing can be  EXTREMELY handy: for added warmth, to dress up an outfit, add a touch of class by hiding skin and creating a funky pop/rock look. Also, this item is small enough to roll into a ball and place in even a small purse if the weather changes and you get a little hot.

5. BLACK PLAID FLATS WITH BOWS

The bows MAKE this pair of otherwise simple Black flats, a  product of Bakers Shoes. Extremely comfortable!


6. BIG BLACK PURSE
This is a Mulberry for Target purse available at Target stores.  I stumbled upon it at City Square Thrift Store, another bargain!  Big purses are a great accessory, although you don't always necessarily want to haul stuff around in them to give them the full appearance necessary to make them look good. My trick: fluff up a scarf and put it in there! It's light weight, so it doesn't change the weight of your purse and you can put whatever else you'd like to on top of it. Ta da!


7. STRIPED BEADED EARRINGS
I bought these at American Beauty Supply in Irving, Texas.


This is the completed outfit Dark Stripes:


And this is how it looked on me:


That was fun, I hope you find it useful.


Love and Light,


AfricasHeiress



No comments:

Post a Comment